The EAFC Academy system is designed to increase a players skills on the ball and understanding of the game of soccer. It is broken into multiple levels and players are placed based on performance during initial tryout and evaluations. Players may be moved around in the academy system to better meet the individual training needs of that player.
The Academy is for Players that…
- …want advanced training to improve their soccer skills.
- …want advanced training to improve understanding of the game of soccer.
Joining the Academy
- Participants must participate in the tryout process to assess skill level.
- Spring season training typically begins in February and continues through May
- Fall season training typically begins August and continues through November
Training and Games for Academy Players
- Training will be offered 2 nights per week at the McClellan soccer fields (may occasionally change to another local location).
- Age-level and skill-level training groups will be created each season based on players participating.
- Participants will be placed into appropriate Academy Training groups based on ability demonstrated during tryouts.
- Players may not have regular games
- Participation in in-house scrimmages, friendlies, or tournaments. (Note that if tournaments are selected, additional fees will be required. You can find more information about Fees here
Academy Training and Anniston PARD Soccer (Development Academy)
We are partnering with Anniston PARD Soccer to provide a Development Academy. These players will train with EAFC Academy coaches but play for Anniston PARD teams during the PARD season.
- Development Academy players may be selected to guest play with the Elite Academy
- See Fee Schedule for cost information